- Local ingredients
We also use local milk, butter and eggs. These ingredients (along with sugar, chocolate and flour) are staples in baking and we go through a lot of these ingredients. So I am always glad that we are able to buy these staples locally.
- Our cupcake wrappers are recyclable or compostable through your "green can".
- Our cake pop sticks are a paper product instead of plastic so that they too may be composted.
- Our cupcake and cake boxes are recyclable.
- The cupcake inserts inside the boxes can be recycled or composted through the green can program.
- Our business cards are recyclable and made of recycled materials
- Our cake boards are cardboard and compostable.
- We do not provide bags (plastic or other).
With us, we package each cupcake in a paper wrapper and then box it for you to carry out.
- Received packages are always broken down and recycled or saved and reused in the future.
- Our use of napkins
“If every American gave up just one paper napkin a day, we could save a billion pounds of paper waste from going to landfills each year.” - Elizabeth Rogers
- Business Management
- Reused Materials
We try to source the products and equipment we need reused. Here are some of the details:
- Our display stands are made of reused materials through "freecycling"
- Our Farmer's Market tent is reused thanks to the Canadian Cancer Society
- We have gathered tables, chairs, a display shelf, cake stands, table cloths, and much more from folks who no longer required them instead of buying new. Not only is this a great cost saver and reusing, but most often the items we save from being discarded or thrown away are in beautiful condition and no one would even be able to tell it's reused!
- Conservation and Support
Here are the current organization we donate to that help us accomplish this conservation effort:
World Wildlife Federation
Whale Interpretive Centre